November 29, 2022 - The Mission High Foundation raises funds for Mission High School, a…
December 01, 2021 – The global pandemic has imposed huge adjustments in all of our lives. At Mission High School, the impact of moving to virtual learning has been challenging. Where 85% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch, 35% are English Language Learners, and 18% are newcomers, the school is a crucial support system. The Mission High Foundation helps faculty and staff stay connected to students during the campus closure and supports an engaging distance learning program to ensure student success.
The campus closure will last longer than anyone anticipated and teachers and students need our support now to provide an effective distance learning program for the balance of the school year. Since September, the Mission High Foundation is proud to have supported the Mission High community with funding for:
- 400 headsets for students attending school from home
- Printers and scanners for teachers working from home
- Hundreds of books to be distributed in English and other classes
- Digital textbooks and software for courses such as AP Statistics
- A dozen+ teacher grants for materials ranging from at-home biology labs to ukuleles
- College Application Fees
Our goal is to raise $100,000 to continue funding the mounting student and teacher needs this school year at Mission High, among them:
- Additional digital text licenses and books
- At-home learning and teaching equipment and supplies
- Teacher project/supply grants
- Tech hardware, software, and support, and
- Funding for college preparation, applications, and deposits.
Please help us to ease some of the burden of teaching remotely, make distance learning more effective for students, and maintain the path to college for Mission High seniors.
Your gift of any size will make a difference. Every single dollar donated will help ensure the success of students and teachers right now.
Or mail a check to:
Mission High Foundation
c/o Steve Lambright
478 Jersey Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
We know that you are likely managing your own challenges in the midst of this crisis, so we do not make this appeal lightly. We are grateful for any assistance you can provide.
With immense gratitude,
Daniel Yan and Zac Fisher, Board Co-Chairs